Kill Moss, Mould, and Lichen on Roof
A clean moss free roof is the goal for many homeowners.
Ideal for Monier, Gerrard, Decramastic, Coloursteel, Clay, Ceramic, Concrete, Bitumix and Cedar roofing products.
Use our Slayer product to kill Moss, Mould, and Lichen on your roof for a clean and healthy home from the roof down. Great for Colour Steel, Slate, Ceramic or Concrete tiles, Kill Moss Mould and Lichen on Roofs quickly and easily. Got Moss or Mould on your roof, Moss Mould and Lichen Killer is what you need.
How to Kill Moss, Mould, and Lichen on roof.
- In your garden sprayer, mix 1 part Moss and Mould Killer to 10 parts water, eg: 1L Moss and Mould Killer to 10L water.
- Spray the affected areas of the roof liberally with this diluted solution.
- The Moss and Mould Killer will not affect any surrounding garden plants.
- The moss and mould on the roof will start to turn yellow in 2-3 days and is usually dead in 2-3 weeks.
- A roof, which was covered by mould, will then regenerate for a clean and healthy roof.
Watch Roof Treatment Video
Why is Moss on The Roof Bad?
In the roof cleaning industry, there is definitely one common conclusion and it is that Moss Mould and Lichen are not good for roofs. As the moss thickens and grows on a shingle roof it can raise the shingles up (much like a jack under a car). When the shingles get risen it allows water to go under the shingles causing the decking to rot and causing the roof to leak. The raised shingles also pose problems when heavy winds are present because they will catch the wind like a sail and this can cause shingles to be torn/blown off the roof. A moss buildup on the roof causes more debris to get trapped on the roof. This debris promotes water buildup which makes the roof at risk of much more rotting and leaking. Moss and Lichen can actually damage the shingle components leaving it to break down faster.You can read some tips on Lichen removal on roofs here.